Wonder if this is true or not?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by havi, May 10, 2008.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I saw on another post:

"you can hold it on it's back for a lottle while and if it keeps kicking then it is a roo, but if it kicks for a few seconds then stops then it is a hen."

Has anyone heard of this? I tried it out on my 'pullets' and all seemed to do the same thing, stop. There is one Im a little worried might be a roo. Shes a RIR and will be 7 weeks old next Tuesday. All I have is a camera phone and cant seem to get a good picture to post. But when I did this little trick and stoped kicking right away. So..Im not sure [​IMG]

2. RoostersCrow

RoostersCrow Chillin' With My Peeps

This only works during a full moon....

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Its a myth.

4. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    no i do this to the roos when they're being naughty sometime they give in and sometimes they flap

5. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:Just my luck! I was so hoping this one would be true. I have 6 pullets from Ideal and wondering about one of the RIR's. I have 2 RIR, 2 BO and 2 EE. Where Im at I cant have any roos and the one that I think might be a roo is by far my FAV chick! I couldnt stand giving Rose away. [​IMG]

6. Ese_N_Gracie

Ese_N_Gracie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    I wonder if this is referring to the Hypnotize-ability of the chicks...Ese is so easily hypnotized (my roo) If I could I would download a pic of him that looks like he is doing tai chi....whenever he was a naughty boy I hypnotized him (this went on for a few days only...I'm not completely nuts [​IMG] But not once have a been able to hypnotize Gracie....not once! not even my mom who showed me how can get her to go down for more than a flash...which I don't consider hypnotizing....I digress...kind of....but then again maybe not....the nest question you ask grasshopper....How do I hypnotize a chicken????

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Slightly OT, my SO showed me how to hypnotize a chicken and it works everytime. I've only let him do it a few times though, cuz it freaks me out! [​IMG] though it's perfectly harmless.
    He knows all kinds of neat? chicken tricks from growing up on a chicken farm. I can only imagine what him and his equally mischevious brother put those poor chickens through!

8. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:Well I seached on youtube and found a lot. That is totally crazy! Ive never heard about that, much less see it happen. Now that makes me want to try. Lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by