Wondering about the sex of our duckling.

chanceosunshine

Songster
5 Years
Jul 15, 2019
NW Ohio
This is Chuck. He’s Cayuga/Khaki Campbell. Can anyone figure out if he’s really Chick or more of a Chuckita??
BA2AADCF-9D53-414A-9BB4-B6022ADFE1CB.jpeg

Chuckita! Your pretty duckling appears to be a lavender. I only know because I have one too. This is mine (she is a Khaki Silver Swedish cross):
B9EFBEFF-ED7A-4517-9D3D-D418F02A7DBC.jpeg

Anyway, lavender results from having the brown sex-linked trait and blue (one black, one nonblack). The only way you could get a lavender from a Cayuga khaki cross is if your male is the Khaki and your female is the Cayuga. Am I correct? This would be a sex-linked cross and any lavender offspring would be females. Boys would be blue. She is beautiful btw!

Chuckita! Your pretty duckling appears to be a lavender. I only know because I have one too. This is mine (she is a Khaki Silver Swedish cross):
View attachment 3230249
Anyway, lavender results from having the brown sex-linked trait and blue (one black, one nonblack). The only way you could get a lavender from a Cayuga khaki cross is if your male is the Khaki and your female is the Cayuga. Am I correct? This would be a sex-linked cross and any lavender offspring would be females. Boys would be blue. She is beautiful btw!
I thought Swedish because of the neck but wasn’t sure
I have 4 Swedish myself
Maybe one of the parents has a Swedish gene in them

This is so exciting! She will be 4 weeks old on Tuesday. @cheezenkwackers I am so impressed with your knowledge. I wish I understood the genetics behind all of this. Yes, the male is the Khaki and the mom is the Cayugo! It's a relief to know she's a Chuckita! Your duck is lovely as well. Such a sweet face!

Back
Top Bottom