Won't always drink

YayChickies

Chirping
5 Years
May 9, 2016
My chicken always drinks from my hand(when I hold my finger out and there's a drop of water) but she doesn't always drink from her waterer. It's frustrating since I can see than she's really thirsty and she has her beak open. Right now she's an only chicken since her buddy died a while ago. Could she have forgotten how to drink from it. The strange thing is if I put water on the dirt she'll drink. I can't dunk her beak in the water since I've tried it and she keeps her head up. Occasionally if I tap at her water she gets it and drinks for more than a minute. I'm worried because it's summer and I don't want her to be dehydrated. Thanks for any help

Quote:
My chicken always drinks from my hand(when I hold my finger out and there's a drop of water) but she doesn't always drink from her waterer. It's frustrating since I can see than she's really thirsty and she has her beak open. Right now she's an only chicken since her buddy died a while ago. Could she have forgotten how to drink from it. The strange thing is if I put water on the dirt she'll drink. I can't dunk her beak in the water since I've tried it and she keeps her head up. Occasionally if I tap at her water she gets it and drinks for more than a minute. I'm worried because it's summer and I don't want her to be dehydrated. Thanks for any help

chickens are social creatures..

so always have at least TWO at all time

i would suggest to get at 1-2 more before this one die as well.

you will have to teach them where the water is.. repeat the same process as needed

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom