Won't fluff?

Peckyweck01

Songster
Aug 30, 2020
Mcminnville, Oregon
How long does it usually take for a chick to "fluff up?"
I had 6 large Cochins hatch and 1 of them fluffed completely overnight. It had hatched in the evening, then about 9 in the morning it was all fluffed. 3 other chicks hatched in the evening and night as well. They have been in the incubator for 2 days and still have not fluffed.
I moved them under a brood lamp with the other chick. They are dry, but it seems like their feathers are kinda "stuck" to them. Their wings can move freely, and they can open their eyes, they aren't goopy.
Im not sure if I should just leave them be for a few more days or do something about it?

The 2 that I did not mention sadly died :(
1 fluffed like the 1st one, but the other one did not fluff and I think did not fully develop.

Alright, now this chicks leg cant get uner itself. It was im dunno why they arent now.

Attachments

• IMG_4971.JPG
    IMG_4971.JPG
    289.8 KB · Views: 2
How long does it usually take for a chick to "fluff up?"
I had 6 large Cochins hatch and 1 of them fluffed completely overnight. It had hatched in the evening, then about 9 in the morning it was all fluffed. 3 other chicks hatched in the evening and night as well. They have been in the incubator for 2 days and still have not fluffed.
I moved them under a brood lamp with the other chick. They are dry, but it seems like their feathers are kinda "stuck" to them. Their wings can move freely, and they can open their eyes, they aren't goopy.
Im not sure if I should just leave them be for a few more days or do something about it?

The 2 that I did not mention sadly died :(
1 fluffed like the 1st one, but the other one did not fluff and I think did not fully develop.
It usually doesn’t take too long- about an hour to an hour and a half.

Back
Top Bottom