Won't roost in the trees

toyzbox

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
Crestview, Fl
I've been reading other posts about Guineas here and as usual I learn a lot. But some folks say, they should roost in the trees and some say the coop. Mine will not do either. They sleep at night under my living room window. Should I be training them to sleep in the coop or the trees? I figured it was automatic since the coop was their home for about 6 weeks. They go in and out of it all the time but will not stay in it at night. I can't believe it's safe to always sleep on the ground out in the open. What should I do???

If they were mine, I would try to get them to roost in the coop. Out in the open or in the trees they are vulnerable to predators.

If they were mine, I would try to get them to roost in the coop. Out in the open or in the trees they are vulnerable to predators.
X2!
goodpost.gif

toyzbox, I "x 3" the above posts.

Herd them into the coop at early dusk, then close them in. They'll figure out that's where they're supposed to sleep and go back into the coop at dusk on their own (most of the time) and all you have to do is go close the door.

Back
Top Bottom