1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wood duckling

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lindy1401, May 29, 2016.

1. lindy1401

lindy1401 New Egg

May 29, 2016
    This is a new adventure....my grandson found this baby at his halfway house in NE Houston...alone and peeping. He is definately a woodie...he is active, jumps a lot and peeps alone...doesn't seem to want to eat. I put him in a little "pond" in the bathtub sitting on a towel and he really seemed happy to play and dip his bill in and shake shake...then he climbed. We are sitting at the computer with him wrapped in a washcloth and in the top of my elastic top dress. It said something about close to your heartbeat and he has been quiet for 1/2 hour or so...but I don't wear this dress all the time. Opps he popped out and fell to the carpet...maybe they are right I will try feeding again. I have chick starter soaked as suggested in a low bowl...and water in another. I will float some in his pond as well. I just want to keep him alive...any suggestions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by