Wood ducks for sale?

I don't think anyone was talking about collecting eggs from the wild and hatching them. They were taking about ordering the eggs online to hatch them.
See this post.
Hatching wild duck eggs is tricky I wouldn't try to hatch any that I didn't pick up locally. Do an internet search and you will find breeders. I only hatched one this year and sold it in summer. Most breeders ship you can start here. hilltopfarms-Breeddirectory-Rhode Island (hilltopfarmsny.com)

Exactly I was just letting them know that if they bought some on line it would be a waste of money as they are more difficult to hatch than domestic ducks and chickens. Then add shipping on top of the difficulty the odds on hatching eggs is slim. So if they were to find hatching eggs get ones from a local breeder so there is no shipping. My Wood duck laid 10 eggs last spring 3 on the ground I incubated and 2 in a box I did not find until fall and 5 in a box she sat herself. She hatched 1 of the 5 eggs she sat this year the other ones didn't hatch.

Exactly I was just letting them know that if they bought some on line it would be a waste of money as they are more difficult to hatch than domestic ducks and chickens. Then add shipping on top of the difficulty the odds on hatching eggs is slim. So if they were to find hatching eggs get ones from a local breeder so there is no shipping. My Wood duck laid 10 eggs last spring 3 on the ground I incubated and 2 in a box I did not find until fall and 5 in a box she sat herself. She hatched 1 of the 5 eggs she sat this year the other ones didn't hatch.
Thank you. It helps. I see if we can find a local trustworthy breeder.

Back
Top Bottom