Woods coop build in process - and questions!

New pics. First wall is up though not completely framed out. Need to add the framing for the door, window, etc.

79DFE65B-1301-430B-B6A3-F54ED314E130.jpeg

1B989681-3697-48B8-BBB7-3FF3964AD18C.jpeg

Yay!!! Coop was delivered today. It's set up and leveled on 6 concrete block piers due to the slope of the land. Here are some pics:

coop 2.jpg

coop 3.jpg

coop 5.jpg

I actually put the door on the West side instead of East due to placement from the house. I also had the inside painted white and used Blackjack 57 on the floor. He built a 12" 'pan' around the bottom and used the blackjack on that as well. I also had him frame out a second pop door area on the East side in case I want to add a second door. The current pop door is on the West side and i ordered an ADOR1 door.

coop 4.jpg

He'll come back tomorrow to install the roosts, the interior screen door, and build me a couple of steps to get into the coop. I didn't realize how high the door opening would be once leveled. I still need to install a wire skirt around the front and sides so the chickens will not be able to go under once I get the run built.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the build and can't wait to move the chicks out to the coop in a couple of weeks.
Medda

Back
Top Bottom