Woods-style house in the winter

Pics
i just read the 1st page of this thread and my jaw dropped when i saw how many pages it was! but it's a beautiful coop! i too have read where it is actually better for the chickens to have this kind of design. i have 8 girls, and although we live in a warmer climate, they have a coop with this design as well. i/we love it! but i must say, my coop is not as nice as yours to look at! mine is purely functional. i would love to have one like yours. i love the color too! i only know a few people in the area with chickens, and they have an open "wall" too. and i love how your girls look inside of it! they are so cute!! pardon me if this question has been asked already, but do they come out at all in the winter? i only ask cuz we rarely get snow where i live, and the girls HATE it! they will choose to stay in the coop all day! of course if the snow lasts longer than a few days, they finally get the nerve to make a mad dash for a bare spot in the yard! its hilarious!

i just read the 1st page of this thread and my jaw dropped when i saw how many pages it was! but it's a beautiful coop! i too have read where it is actually better for the chickens to have this kind of design. i have 8 girls, and although we live in a warmer climate, they have a coop with this design as well. i/we love it! but i must say, my coop is not as nice as yours to look at! mine is purely functional. i would love to have one like yours. i love the color too! i only know a few people in the area with chickens, and they have an open "wall" too. and i love how your girls look inside of it! they are so cute!! pardon me if this question has been asked already, but do they come out at all in the winter? i only ask cuz we rarely get snow where i live, and the girls HATE it! they will choose to stay in the coop all day! of course if the snow lasts longer than a few days, they finally get the nerve to make a mad dash for a bare spot in the yard! its hilarious!

They will come out all winter. But they, like yours, DO NOT like walking in any measurable amount of snow. I would have to clear an area for them to come out of the coop. They can be primadonnas sometimes.
Jack

Hello Felony and all

I see that the link that I posted to the book is not working now. I couldn't get it from the Google book site earlier so that is why I posted the alternate link.

Anyway, I downloaded the book as a 96 page "pdf" (Adobe file) and as an "epub". If I could find a way to add it as an attachment to your email I would send it to you.

Try this one: http://www.archive.org/details/openairpoultryho00wood

If it doesn't work for some reason, go to www.archive.org and search for open-air poultry. I chose the one with 463 downloads because one of the other ones wouldn't download for me.

Hello Felony and all

I see that the link that I posted to the book is not working now. I couldn't get it from the Google book site earlier so that is why I posted the alternate link.

Anyway, I downloaded the book as a 96 page "pdf" (Adobe file) and as an "epub". If I could find a way to add it as an attachment to your email I would send it to you.

Great, KYTinpusher, that's the link where I downloaded the Woods-style chicken coop book. Just select your choice of viewing on the left hand side of the page.

Also, if anyone is interested, that is the site where I downloaded the 1915 version of the Plymouth Rock Standard too. (488 pages)

Good luck. Great to have these out of print books available this way!

Back
Top Bottom