Wooh! Our first coop ever is done (for now)! PICS

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by hokankai, Oct 19, 2010.

1. hokankai

hokankai Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    SW WA
    I am so freaking happy! After what seemed like FOREVER (15 weeks) the coop and run is basically done! All that's left are the nest boxes (they don't start laying for a couple more months), and attaching the apron to the run. It was such an awesome experience working with my dad to get this done. I give him all the credit for the woodwork, my job was to design, get supplies, paint, secure, measure, staple mesh and take care of the feeder/waterer. I'm really proud of it!

the nest boxes, egg door, and clean out door still need to be finished...but it's livable and exactly what they need for now! and it's completely predator proof [​IMG]

Anyway, here are MY pics (finally!) and most of all thanks to ALL OF YOU for your advice, input, and recommendations.

design
    [​IMG]

the basically finished run. it now has chicken wire on the roof and an apron around the base. the whole in the door has also been covered [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

earlier pics of the completed henhouse
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

automatic door opener
    [​IMG]

view from the human door, there's another window on the opposite side of the roose
    [​IMG]

the sign by the front door
    [​IMG]

there's now a mini rock wall under the base of the coop, with hardware cloth as well where it opens into the run
    [​IMG]

checkin me out
    [​IMG]

Amelia checkin out the view
    [​IMG]

and of course all the girlies! Penelope, Fiona, Amelia, Lily, Phoebe, Molly, Rosie, and Alice
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  2. Kat's Silly Chickens

Kat's Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    Wow great coop and run. We'll be finishing ours up this week, 6 w/o chicks will be moved in by weekend.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Very nice. Looks like a great setting as well.

Imp

4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    [​IMG]

5. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    That looks great!!! I like the pictures of your girls too!

6. SandyK

SandyK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Looking good. Love the names of your girls!!

7. LittleHouseOnThePrairie

LittleHouseOnThePrairie Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2010
    Central Iowa
    Great job! I hope you don't mind but I'm going to print off the first photo showing your run. I have been trying to get my DH and teenage son to build the run for my coop and this is very similar to what I want for my ladies! I have even purchased the materials...just need them to add the labor. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by