Wooh! Our first coop ever is done (for now)! PICS

hokankai

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2010
SW WA
I am so freaking happy! After what seemed like FOREVER (15 weeks) the coop and run is basically done! All that's left are the nest boxes (they don't start laying for a couple more months), and attaching the apron to the run. It was such an awesome experience working with my dad to get this done. I give him all the credit for the woodwork, my job was to design, get supplies, paint, secure, measure, staple mesh and take care of the feeder/waterer. I'm really proud of it!

the nest boxes, egg door, and clean out door still need to be finished...but it's livable and exactly what they need for now! and it's completely predator proof
cool.png

Anyway, here are MY pics (finally!) and most of all thanks to ALL OF YOU for your advice, input, and recommendations.

design
coopdesign.png

the basically finished run. it now has chicken wire on the roof and an apron around the base. the whole in the door has also been covered
smile.png

mms_picture10.jpg

earlier pics of the completed henhouse
mms_picture7.jpg

mms_picture6-1.jpg

automatic door opener
mms_picture5-1.jpg

view from the human door, there's another window on the opposite side of the roose
mms_picture4-1.jpg

the sign by the front door
mms_picture3-1.jpg

there's now a mini rock wall under the base of the coop, with hardware cloth as well where it opens into the run
mms_picture2-1.jpg

checkin me out
mms_picture11.jpg

Amelia checkin out the view
mms_picture13.jpg

and of course all the girlies! Penelope, Fiona, Amelia, Lily, Phoebe, Molly, Rosie, and Alice
girlies.jpg

Last edited:
Great job! I hope you don't mind but I'm going to print off the first photo showing your run. I have been trying to get my DH and teenage son to build the run for my coop and this is very similar to what I want for my ladies! I have even purchased the materials...just need them to add the labor.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom