Woohoo, Finally Got my first egg!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Sherris Backyard Beauties, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Sherris Backyard Beauties

Sherris Backyard Beauties Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2007
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    :DYeah, I finally got my first egg. I don't know if it was a polish Bantam or Rhode Island Red or the other funny looking chickens I have out there. Finally I'm seeing eggs!!!! The white one is a store bought large egg [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

GREAT! Looking at the color...its NOT a polish...they lay white small eggs....I would vote for the RIR. Congrats!

3. Sherris Backyard Beauties

Sep 1, 2007
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    Thanks I got a 2nd one yesterday, I can't wait to check this afternoon, I seen it was a red who laid it, I caught her coming out when she was done. It's finally paying off. I lost track of when I got them but they must be around 20 weeks.

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Sherri.....I have had chickens for a few years now, and the excitement of getting eggs never ends. My BO are finally laying, well...most of them, and the Ameracaunas as well. I am finally getting between 20 and 22 eggs a day, from 37 hens. Its still fun!! Enjoy the bounty of your hard work!

5. Sherris Backyard Beauties

Sep 1, 2007
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    Well, I'm so happy I got 2 yesterday. I'm hoping for 3 today. 15 more to go.

6. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    For some those first small eggs are considered a delicacy. I use them for poach eggs they fit the tray perfectly.

7. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Congrats! got my first last Friday- same color as your egg. It came from a Red Star(sex link RR cross)

8. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Congrats!!! [​IMG]

Our Bantam Mottled Cochins started laying last week at 19 weeks, 4 days old. I'm like a kid in a candy store right now! LOL

Dawn

9. Sherris Backyard Beauties

Sep 1, 2007
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    Well, I've gotten about a dozen now and the excitement is still there going out to find another egg. My son and I keep checking to see who'll find it first. I thought I had a lot of chickens and was wondering why they weren't all laying, come to find out I have a lot more roos then I tought.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by