Woohoo, Finally Got my first egg!!

Sherris Backyard Beauties

Songster
12 Years
Sep 1, 2007
Fort Pierce, Florida
:DYeah, I finally got my first egg. I don't know if it was a polish Bantam or Rhode Island Red or the other funny looking chickens I have out there. Finally I'm seeing eggs!!!! The white one is a store bought large egg
big_smile.png

100_2446.jpg

Thanks I got a 2nd one yesterday, I can't wait to check this afternoon, I seen it was a red who laid it, I caught her coming out when she was done. It's finally paying off. I lost track of when I got them but they must be around 20 weeks.

Sherri.....I have had chickens for a few years now, and the excitement of getting eggs never ends. My BO are finally laying, well...most of them, and the Ameracaunas as well. I am finally getting between 20 and 22 eggs a day, from 37 hens. Its still fun!! Enjoy the bounty of your hard work!

Congrats!!!
hugs.gif

Our Bantam Mottled Cochins started laying last week at 19 weeks, 4 days old. I'm like a kid in a candy store right now! LOL

Dawn

Well, I've gotten about a dozen now and the excitement is still there going out to find another egg. My son and I keep checking to see who'll find it first. I thought I had a lot of chickens and was wondering why they weren't all laying, come to find out I have a lot more roos then I tought.

Back
Top Bottom