1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Woohoo, Finally Got my first egg!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Sherris Backyard Beauties, Sep 29, 2007.

1. :DYeah, I finally got my first egg. I don't know if it was a polish Bantam or Rhode Island Red or the other funny looking chickens I have out there. Finally I'm seeing eggs!!!! The white one is a store bought large egg [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    GREAT! Looking at the color...its NOT a polish...they lay white small eggs....I would vote for the RIR. Congrats!

3. Thanks I got a 2nd one yesterday, I can't wait to check this afternoon, I seen it was a red who laid it, I caught her coming out when she was done. It's finally paying off. I lost track of when I got them but they must be around 20 weeks.

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    Sherri.....I have had chickens for a few years now, and the excitement of getting eggs never ends. My BO are finally laying, well...most of them, and the Ameracaunas as well. I am finally getting between 20 and 22 eggs a day, from 37 hens. Its still fun!! Enjoy the bounty of your hard work!

5. Well, I'm so happy I got 2 yesterday. I'm hoping for 3 today. 15 more to go.

6. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Songster

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    For some those first small eggs are considered a delicacy. I use them for poach eggs they fit the tray perfectly.

7. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Songster

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Congrats! got my first last Friday- same color as your egg. It came from a Red Star(sex link RR cross)

8. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Congrats!!! [​IMG]

Our Bantam Mottled Cochins started laying last week at 19 weeks, 4 days old. I'm like a kid in a candy store right now! LOL

Dawn

9. Well, I've gotten about a dozen now and the excitement is still there going out to find another egg. My son and I keep checking to see who'll find it first. I thought I had a lot of chickens and was wondering why they weren't all laying, come to find out I have a lot more roos then I tought.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: