WOOOHOOOOOOO !!!

Jim-n-Janet

Hatching
12 Years
Jan 11, 2008
We got our first egg today.
big_smile.png

Now, what do we do with it ? Should we expect eggs every mornin now? How early in the morn do our girls lay?

Oh yeah, Hi, i'm Jim, my wife Janet and i are newbies to this. Our first birds and now today...our first egg.
yippiechickie.gif

I sure wish i could figger out how to post pics here.

Hi Jim-n-Janet, Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So where are you writing from? How many chickens do you have? C'mon, detail, details!!!! Egg layers lay at all different times of the day. Yes, there will be eggs every day depending on how many you have. I have 15 girls and we average 12 a day. You could save your first and collect more than have a celebratory breakfast! Sorry I can't help out in the pics dept, I haven't figured that part out yet either.

Lori

Hi Lacy, hi Lori,
Thanx for the welcome.
Yes, Lacy, it was one of our "chickens" that laid the egg LOL.That was two days ago now and so far no more..
sad.png

We are in SW Pa, we have 8 birds,(so far LOL), all girls,(so far). Hopefully Lori, by the weekend we'll have enough eggs for that celebratory breffa.If all we have is still the one...oh well, we share everything anywho
smile.png

WE have a small piece here, jist under an acre but, we are surrounded by hundreds of wooded acres with no chance of ever havin any other houses near by so we can pretty much do what we want. MMmmmm.... i see pygmy goats and who knows what else in our near future. WE just moved in, no, we are still movin in here so come summer after we git somewhat settled i guess a trip the farm auction in Rogers Ohio is in order
smile.png
.Will keep ya posted.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom