WOOOOOOOOWW DUCK eggs

SportTees

Songster
11 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Southern Middle Tennessee
I have been asking dh everyday do we have any duck eggs and everyday he says no those ducks wont lay. Well it was warm today so I went out to clean out there dog house. When I turned it over out came 14 blue green eggs!!! I have never seen the female go near that dog house. Do you think she was sitting them at night? I know the male and female have been nervous the last couple weeks. These are my first duck eggs and plus I got to give the I told ya so look!! Happy day:D
big_smile.png

LOL, congratulations on your duck eggs! I'm still waiting for my first... though my Cayuga has been trying the nest box on for size for the past week.

Congrats! We were also surpised when my Musconvy laid an egg in my goat house and one in the chicken house. We put those eggs under a broody silkie. My call ducks have a nice nest with eggs going too! well Itching for ducklings in about three more weeks! Good luck to you!

I incubated some Mallard duck eggs and had better luck with them than with chicken eggs. The trick is to mist the eggs with water a couple of times a day, like when you'd be turning them anyway.

Kathy in Texas

That's great! If it's a male and a female maybe they'll hatch. If she won't sit on them put them in an incubator.

Back
Top Bottom