WOOP SHE DID IT now just gotta figure out WHO did it...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chickengal505, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    LOL I'm so happy one of my hens layed a Green egg. Problem is none of them were supposed to lay anything but brown... just wanted to share [​IMG]

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    pics? maybe we all can help.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Well, that is certainly a "problem," isn't it! [​IMG]

5. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    LOL My only "green layer" truned out to be a rooster [​IMG] Maybie ... [​IMG]

6. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    Wow... Well that was a surprise, huh?! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. j egger

j egger Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2010
    Georgetown, TX
    lcw1995 wrote
    pic's? Maybe we all can help

yep, pic's would be nice.​

8. Kathleen1115

Kathleen1115 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2011
    Do any of your chickens have green legs or a different color of ear lobes? We were having a hard time identifying the breed on one of ours and her most apparent feature is her green legs. She's probably either an Ameracauna or an Easter Egger -- not sure which and we don't really care that much. But that's how we thought we'd end up with a blue/green layer, and sure enough. She's the first of our flock to start laying and is still the only one laying so we know it's her.

9. averytds

averytds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    KS
    Don't know how many you have, but we're finding food coloring in their vents to be helpful for at least a couple of days as to who's laying and which eggs. We wrote down their band numbers and a different color for each and then dripped 10 drops in their vents. Each egg for the next couple of days has a little bit of the color on the shell. Then we just match the color to the band number and we know which hen laid it .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by