Work and this website!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickenranchwife, Apr 22, 2008.

1. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm just curious if anyone checks this website while at work, besides me. There are some days I can check this website and there are others when I can't. Yesterday I was able to be on here a little bit, and today I have been on and off of here for a bit. I just want to know who can't resist this website while at work.

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Ummmm, not me. I'm never on BYC at work - I'm a CONSCIENTIOUS employee. Oops, gotta type that chart before the boss comes back...

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I am a stay at home Mom. Anyone who is or has been one knows how busy we can be. However...I still have the same problem! I cant walk by the office without ducking in for "just a minute"! I actually have to give myself time limits!! If I didnt there would be no supper, no clean laundry, unpaid bills, mad chickens, dogs, and cats. Dirty litter boxes, garbage piled up and un made beds!! I read on a post yesterday in which a woman says she has to be carful how often she "comes" here because it is SO addicting![​IMG] I think she is right! Is there a 12 step program??

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I'm logged on at work all the time... and during class... and... on every computer that I use...

5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I look at this site in between calls.

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I limit my time on here, too, so I don't get busted!!
    Speaking of which... Buh-bye![​IMG]

7. TT

TT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    I am at work now - I usually stay logged on to BYC and flip over to it when I'm waiting for a report to run or just need a minute.

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    So SilkieChicken, how did those mid-terms go? Anything you want to confess, Miss Always On BYC Addict?

9. bamadominaker

bamadominaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    That is the first thing I do every morning. This is my peaceful time. It's not like there is a lot to do in an insurance office. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] what the boss doesn't know. We even have side projects we work on when he isn't here. And I can't hardly get to use the computer at home b/c of the DH. We have to get me another christmas present, since it seems to be for everyone else. [​IMG]

10. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    There are some perks from being a telecommuter for a 'major financial institution'

My top 3....

1) I can work in my underwear if I want to

2) I don't have to pay to gas up the car for commuting

3) I can have my PERSONAL PC next to the WORK PC so I can keep up my BYC addiction.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by