Working dog breeds

I think many breeds would work, any dog needs training to fit in to the household and bond with you.

I would build a secure dog run rather than tying a dog.

Thanks for all the info, really good ideas. The invisible fencing and a lot of training is probably the ticket, in combination with the right breed. My Border is such a great dog, very obedient and soooo smart. She knows her bounderies around her house, she does not stray when we are home, just when we leave, she really wants to come with us when we go somewhere. She never runs off and stays away, she chases something and comes right back. I just need something to make her stay home, and putting her on her leash and keeping on the back deck (sheltered) seemed to be the short term answer. It wasn't meant to be a long term plan. I am not one of those who tie their dogs up and leave them there, she is on it for maybe 1 hour, because we live where my hubby works, he is home frequently. I think if we worked with her more, she would be fine.

Thanks for the info with the breeds also, good to have personal experiences to look at.

This board is so helpful, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom