Working on a new Coop. Almost there....

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Pokes79, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Pokes79

Pokes79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Hey guys. I am working on my new coop. I used "The Blue Coop" by CityGirlintheCountry on this site. It looked easier than it actually is. I'm about 75% complete. I need to finish the front and the roof. What do you think so far?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Looks good...nice colors!

3. loralei

loralei Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    You're doing a good job! Post more pics when it's finished! I need the inspiration! [​IMG]

4. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    I love it! Good job! I hope I never gotta build another one. I'm pooped! [​IMG]
    Oh, yeah, please do post your finished picts! [​IMG]

5. Pokes79

Sep 4, 2009
    I got a little farther. Any suggestions for roof material?
    [​IMG]

6. riehlyintochickens

riehlyintochickens New Egg

Sep 5, 2009
    Hey great job. Maybe a little out of square but I bet the eggs taste just as good. Don't mind me, I'm a builder so I tend to see those kind of things. Keep up the good work.

7. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Looking good!!!!

8. poultrypatch

poultrypatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Rochester
    Love the coop ! Does that whole back open for cleanout ?? That's a neat idea.
    My DH and I are on coop #2...NOT because he can't control his desire to build, build, build ! LOL I can't control mine to add, add, add chicks !
    Ours is 8 x 8 this time. Has a 6' front roof that slopes down to a 4' back wall. I can't memember the name...saw it at Lowe's....sort of rippled plastic/fiberglass ??? was $19.99 a sheet..about 4 x less then 8'. Came in red, that's what we're using, black and think dark grey. Uses special nails with rubber grommets..about $10.00 for a box. Then they sold the rubber end caps to plug up the ripples...pkg of 4 about $11.50. Sinice our roof slopes we won't need ridge cap. Pricey but will be quick...I hope. Will post pics when done.
    Liz
    Rochester, MA

9. Pokes79

Sep 4, 2009
    Definitely not square, but not as bad as the picture looks. It is on a slope in the yard, so it looks worse than it actually is [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  10. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Quote:Both of mine are way out of square! I don't think the chickies have noticed yet! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by