Working on the New COOP!

slyfoxpeeps

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Lewisburg, WV
I'm so excited! For the past 2 weekend my DH and I have worked on my new coop on the weekends. I think things have been going pretty fast concidering it's just DH ( a contractor) and me ( one step above no help)! He is making it a Fort! I just wanted something simple but nooooo.... It's 12wX14L. 2 coops, one on each side and an entrance that I can but 2 brooders in. He's gotten 2 large skylights and 2 6ft X 3ft windows! And the front door has a window! Lots of Light!!!! Here are some pics I took yesterday. Tell me what you think!
coop1.jpg

coop2.jpg

skylights.jpg

Edited: it's 12x14

Last edited:
That coop looks like it's gonna be so awesome!! Wish I had the $$ to build something that big :|

I was wanting to just buy a shed from Lowes but DH said I could get much bigger and better if he did it. He got the lumber that we are using for the flooring, roof and siding for $70 and we bought $200 worth of 2X4's, 2X6 and post. The windows and skylights came off of jobs that he had to replace with newer ones. About $600 for all. And that was what I was thinking of spending for a Shed, not nearly as sound or with the added features...
wink.png

Last edited:
WOW, the coop looks hurricane proof. He's doing a great job building it. I have to agree with him about the sheds at HD and Lowes, they are expensive for what you get.

that looks like fort knox! Very nice! We are starting ours today from scraps that we have here. Some serious lumber left over from an old barn that came down. But, ours wont be as solid Im sure. I would live in that coop!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom