1. DiamondLil&Company

DiamondLil&Company New Egg

Oct 15, 2008
    From what I've been reading on this site, my girls need to be wormed! Some of my hens are 7 years old & have never. Right now we are having some problems with diarrhea, labored breathing in the old girls & low egg production. My question is, How do I decipher the directions given on the product I purchased from Canada? Worm-enda (Levamisole Hydrochloride) is product name.
    Directions say:
    Liveweight kg Amt of Water mL Dose mL
    3 100 8

Does kg = kilo weight (of chicken) & WHAT does mL =?

2. spatcher

spatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    I have no idea and it looks as though no one else does either. A friend (thanks Stacey) suggested a natural wormer and thats what I use now. "Green" punkin' seeds chopped up with buttermilk. Its a natural wormer that does not affect the waiting time to eat your eggs. Worked for me! You might wanna give it a try.
    Tim

3. mypicklebird

mypicklebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Sonoma Co, CA
    I would call the company that produced it- there should be a phone # or website listed for contact. Or call the place that sold it to you.

My guess would be that you put 8ml (milliliters) into 100ml to create a solution for drinking. If you have a bunch of chickens- you will have to multiply this by several. I could be totally wrong- as the the directions you typed are confusing. What is the concentration of the stock in the bottle? There should be a percentage on the front like 1% or 8% or a statement of concentration like 10mg/ml

If you do not have a way to measure a ml (like a syringe) figure out what you want to measure with, and google 'conversion calculator' and that will make the conversion for you.

Regular deworming is good for free ranging birds- but 7 year old birds with low egg production and labored breathing likely have something more insidious wrong than worms. Deworming shouldn't hurt though.

4. Renegade

Renegade Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2007
    Griffin, GA
    Is this product already in liquid form or is it just powder in the bottom of the bottle?

Donna

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by