Worming in water?? What one??

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
I have a weak girl, ayam leghorn mix. She pooped a large amount of blood and is having weakness in the legs.

My Brahma is very very thin…..she does have some in her crop at night. My legorn mix eats ALOT but doesn’t grow.

I have my legorn mix in a cage. Since I have coccidiosis in my coop I put her right on an antibiotic. I’m also giving her a b complex. I just started her on a five day dose of safeguard too.

My Brahma, I noticed a round worm where she nests at night. I then put two and two together she is thin because of worms maybe….

She is also on safeguard. I already wormed these guys in August.

So what can I get to put in the water….i have way to many chickens to individually dose.

Can you still buy Wyzine?

What else can I put in water?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 5E6E9969-73AB-4546-AE69-2CC8F7AEAD93.jpeg
    5E6E9969-73AB-4546-AE69-2CC8F7AEAD93.jpeg
    517.8 KB · Views: 27
Which antibiotic, how much and why? Were you giving the vitamins at the same time?
What is their diet?
I have sulfadimethoxine. I gave it to her because she had large amount of blood in her stool a couple days. She is not laying age. I can’t get rid of coccidiosis, so I was proactive just incase that was the cause of blood.

B12 shouldn’t get in the way of sulfadimethoxine. She isn’t on corid.

I give them all flock because of my roosters.

Is there a wormer I can put in their water?

Dose your Brahma with the Safeguard orally using a syringe without a needle. That way you know she got properly wormed. It's guesswork adding wormers to water. You dont know if they drink it, or drink enough to be effective or dont drink it at all.

Back
Top Bottom