worming peachicks

05cbadge14

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 6, 2013
I hatch 2 chicks on my own and purchased 3 chicks which were free range... all chicks are between 5-3 weeks. One of the free range died today. Can I worm the others to prevent any other issues? I have them on medicated feed and they all seem very active and healthy... the little guy that died didn't seem to be thin. Any help is do appreciate d...

Welcome to BYC!

You can worm them with fenbendazole, it won't hurt, but *if *they have histomoniais (blackhead) or coccidiosis, it won't help, you'll need metronidazole suspension 50mg/ml or Corid (amprolium).

Do yourself a favor, get a cheap digital kitchen scale and weigh each one, if any start losing weight or not gaining, they are probably sick. In my limited experience I have found that a healthy chick makes daily weight gains.

Weigh them and let me know their weights and ages, then I'll look up what my chicks weighed at those same ages, that might help.

-Kathy

Last edited:
I have 3 peachicks. I have a hen (chicken) that hatched them for me. I am wondering about worming them they are 6 weeks old?
What to use? How much? When? How to use it? Thank You! :)

Back
Top Bottom