Worming with Panacur 100mg

Arok327

Chirping
Apr 21, 2021
VA
Hi I’ve been worming my chickens with (from vet) panacur 100mg= 2ml per gallon water for 5 days. Vet said to do again in 30 days. Does this sound correct? I see everyone doing after 10 days. Last season same vets office different vet gave me panacur 100 was given orally .2ml per pound for 3 days in a row. And did not have to re-administer at all. I believe it was 14 day egg withdrawal. TIA

Panacur and SafeGuard (fenbendazole) liquid suspension or paste are best given orally, because they settle out in water, and the paste does not mix in water. The dosage for only roundworms is to give 0.25 ml orally per pound and repeat in 10 days. To treat roundworms and gapeworms it is give for 3 straight days. To treat those plus capillary (thread) worms, dosage is given for 5 days. Egg withdrawal time is 14 days after treatment, but some people may ignore that.

Last edited:
Panacur and SafeGuard (fenbendazole) liquid suspension or paste are best given orally, because they settle out in water, and the paste does not mix in water. The dosage for only roundworms is to give 0.25 ml orally per pound and repeat in 10 days. To treat roundworms and gapeworms it is give for 3 straight days. To treat those plus capillary (thread) worms, dosage is given for 5 days. Egg withdrawal time is 14 days after treatment, but some people may ignore that.
So this season my chickens have roundworms and coccida and was given Corid and panacur added to the water separate times. And Last season they had roundworms and capillaria worms and given panacur to give orally.

Back
Top Bottom