Worming with panacur

What is the easiest way to administer panacur. I am nervous about administering it orally with a syringe? I tried it on bread but that didn't go so well. Also if I cannot do it on the tenth day would ninth or eleventh day be better?

This is a picture of the neck of my chicken losing feathers, is this new feathers growing in? I am still seeing a lot of feathers being lost.
[/IMG]

When in doubt, whip it out, meaning if you suspect worms, then deworm. Peafowl are masters at deception and when they go down from illness its usually fast, they can look fine today and close to death tomorrow. Panacur (fenbenzadole) is a great broad spectrum dewormer. We take no chances and deworm regularly and if one bird looks wormy in a pen, we then deworm the whole pen. As for egg withdrawal, we have been using valbazen (albenzadole) mixed in their waterers with no issues with fertility while treating. Consider this, we have had friends that would not deworm when the hens are laying for fear of infertility and then the hen dies. I would much rather take a chance with infertility vs the alternative,
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Gerald Barker

Yes, I agree! I first had to treat my birds for a parasite, and not they have tested positive by a fecal test of mutiple birds for roundworms..so now it's Panacur... One initial dosage by weight and another after 10 days...

Back
Top Bottom