Worms in Poop, Chicken Acting Lethargic + Panting

Flamestone

Chirping
Jul 9, 2021
Hi guys. I previously posted a thread but thought I should update with a better video.
I noticed worms in my chicken’s droppings but I’m not sure which kind they are, I can’t find any online that look like these besides maybe Capillaria. She is also panting a lot today even though it’s not warm at all in my house. I’m not sure if this is a symptom of the worms? She has also been having very watery green droppings. She also has/had water belly, I have been treating her for around a month and a half.
AD7873E5-C789-4E3D-80D4-F2F9640501C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Your other involved thread is found below. Looks like you were able to attached photos and video there as well.

The worms are Cecal Worms. You can treat your hen with Safeguard liquid goat dewormer or Valbazen.

Safeguard dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

Valbazen dose is 0.08ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

These doses and length of time will treat Roundworms and Cecal worms.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-vent-now-chicken-is-lethargic.1568040/page-2

If you use Valbazen as stated above by @Wyorp Rock , the Valbazen will eliminate all types of poultry roundworms that chickens can get, not just large roundworms and cecal worms.
Additionally, Valbazen slowly kills worms over several days, no need to worry about toxic dead worm overload.

You can also try using Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth! You put about a 1/4 cup of DE per bird in feed. It is so much more natural than commercial dewormers.

Back
Top Bottom