Worms???

adlynch

Songster
Mar 6, 2016
Spring Hope, NC
I'm sure this is in another post somewhere, but I am having a lot of trouble with this new website. Took me 45 min just to get here to post this. ANYWAY-- never seen anything like this before, is it worms? Or maybe just something to do with the watermelon they ate yesterday? I have 18 birds, so no idea who this came from.
20170528_095248_resized.jpg
20170528_095158_resized.jpg

I'm sure this is in another post somewhere, but I am having a lot of trouble with this new website. Took me 45 min just to get here to post this. ANYWAY-- never seen anything like this before, is it worms? Or maybe just something to do with the watermelon they ate yesterday? I have 18 birds, so no idea who this came from.View attachment 1020998 View attachment 1020999
Welcome to BYC! That looks more like intestinal lining than a worm to me. That sort of thing is not normal in my flock and it usually means coccidiosis or worms. Do you have a vet that can test poop for you?

Welcome to BYC! That looks more like intestinal lining than a worm to me. That sort of thing is not normal in my flock and it usually means coccidiosis or worms. Do you have a vet that can test poop for you?
Ick! That's what I was afraid of... how can I tell who it is? My only guess is this girl. I noticed yesterday that her comb was laying over, but seems fine other than that. Right now I'm just following her around waiting for her to poop :confused: then what? I keep there coop clean, they have plenty of room in there, they have access to fresh water and food, and they free range all day, everyday.
20170528_115902_resized.jpg
20170528_115849_resized.jpg

Ick! That's what I was afraid of... how can I tell who it is? My only guess is this girl. I noticed yesterday that her comb was laying over, but seems fine other than that. Right now I'm just following her around waiting for her to poop :confused: then what? I keep there coop clean, they have plenty of room in there, they have access to fresh water and food, and they free range all day, everyday.View attachment 1021122 View attachment 1021124
They look pretty healthy, but you really should have a vet check some poop if you find more odd looking poop.

Back
Top Bottom