Worms?

OkieB

Songster
Dec 9, 2017
I found this pile in my coop this morning. Are these worms? They aren't moving. I wormed my entire flock on July 30th. Should I worm again?

Thanks in advance!

20181023_100359.jpg

Ivermectin has become non effective against many worms. I would get either Safeguard or Valbazen and worm them all. Safeguard (either liquid goat wormer or horse paste) dose is 1/4ml per pound of bird weight, and repeat dose in 10 days. Valbazen is .5ml for standard sized birds, repeat dose in 10 days. (actual math dose for valbazen is weight in lbs/2.2X20mg/113.6, so for a six lb bird would be .48ml, round to .5ml)
You can also use Wazine, that will get ONLY roundworms, the other two will get most common worms. I prefer direct dosing (Safeguard, Valbazen) as opposed to in the water (Wazine) so I know they got the correct dose. Roundworms are easily picked up, and common, so you may need to worm regularly to keep the flock healthy, every flock is different.

Ivermectin has become non effective against many worms. I would get either Safeguard or Valbazen and worm them all. Safeguard (either liquid goat wormer or horse paste) dose is 1/4ml per pound of bird weight, and repeat dose in 10 days. Valbazen is .5ml for standard sized birds, repeat dose in 10 days. (actual math dose for valbazen is weight in lbs/2.2X20mg/113.6, so for a six lb bird would be .48ml, round to .5ml)
You can also use Wazine, that will get ONLY roundworms, the other two will get most common worms. I prefer direct dosing (Safeguard, Valbazen) as opposed to in the water (Wazine) so I know they got the correct dose. Roundworms are easily picked up, and common, so you may need to worm regularly to keep the flock healthy, every flock is different.
Thanks so much for the info!

Back
Top Bottom