Worms

Jgarza77

Songster
Apr 20, 2021
Just saw this come out of my 1 year old bantam cochin hen! Need help identifying and treating please

Attachments

• 20211002_151505.jpg
    20211002_151505.jpg
    782.8 KB · Views: 17
Those are roundworms.
You can treat with Safeguard Liquid Goat Wormer.
Use 0.23 mls/pound of body weight for 5 consecutive days in a row. All flock members should be de-wormed.
The egg withdrawal period is 2 weeks after the last dose.

Yes, Texas
Great then you will be able to buy the Safe-Guard goat liquid or horse paste at your nearest farm supply store.

How many birds do you have total?
If just a couple one tube or horse paste will work.

If more than just a few get the goat liquid.

Great then you will be able to buy the Safe-Guard goat liquid or horse paste at your nearest farm supply store.

How many birds do you have total?
If just a couple one tube or horse paste will work.

If more than just a few get the goat liquid.
Only 3 birds; do I dose them each directly or is this something I add to their water?

Only 3 birds; do I dose them each directly or is this something I add to their water?
Straight to the mouth.

I would get the paste if I were you.
You can even squirt it on a small piece of bread (I would never advise feeding bread except for this way) and feed each bird separately...if you are worried about squirting it in to their mouths.

Just take one out of the coop at a time to treat.

Straight to the mouth.

I would get the paste if I were you.
You can even squirt it on a small piece of bread (I would never advise feeding bread except for this way) and feed each bird separately...if you are worried about squirting it in to their mouths.

Just take one out of the coop at a time to treat.
I've given antibiotics by mouth before so that shouldn't be a problem. Will go pick up some Safe-guard right away. Also.. I've been eating their eggs, are the ones I've collected up until now ok to eat?

I've given antibiotics by mouth before so that shouldn't be a problem. Will go pick up some Safe-guard right away. Also.. I've been eating their eggs, are the ones I've collected up until now ok to eat?
Yes.

Back
Top Bottom