Worms?

Chickenbutthut

Chirping
Jul 1, 2022
I am cleaning out our coop this morning and saw poop in one of the nesting boxes- it has a bunch of clear looking eggs on it. Could this be worms? Will this infect my entire flock?
99B6C6DE-0A8C-41FF-9212-F2A6BF91F115.jpeg

Can you take in some fresh droppings to your vet for a fecal float test? That would tell you if there are worms or not. Or you could go ahead and worm your chickens with Valbazen or SafeGuard orally.

Nearest vet is
Can you take in some fresh droppings to your vet for a fecal float test? That would tell you if there are worms or not. Or you could go ahead and worm your chickens with Valbazen or SafeGuard orally.
about hour and half drive. Maybe I should worm just In case?!

It might be those little things are from an insect laying eggs, or little grains of grit being expelled, but hard to know. They don’t look like tapeworm segments to me. Worming is pretty safe with the 2 products above. Valbazen which is found more online, dosage is 0.08 ml per pound or 1/2 ml for an average 4-6 pound hen, given orally once and repeated in 10-14 days. SafeGuard Liquid Goat wormer or horse paste dosage is 0.25 ml per pound given once and again in 10 days for only roundworms. Give it for 5 consecutive days to treat most all worms except for the rare tapeworms.

It might be those little things are from an insect laying eggs, or little grains of grit being expelled, but hard to know. They don’t look like tapeworm segments to me. Worming is pretty safe with the 2 products above. Valbazen which is found more online, dosage is 0.08 ml per pound or 1/2 ml for an average 4-6 pound hen, given orally once and repeated in 10-14 days. SafeGuard Liquid Goat wormer or horse paste dosage is 0.25 ml per pound given once and again in 10 days for only roundworms. Give it for 5 consecutive days to treat most all worms except for the rare tapeworms.
Thank you so much! I will go ahead an worm the flock!

Back
Top Bottom