Worms?

EireRoo

Songster
Aug 11, 2023
Hi, while doing some work around the pen today I noticed one hen passing yellow and another literally backfiring what seems to be diarrhea. Everywhere is shut so won't get to town until tomorrow. I have 1% ivermectin injectable and I've parazole .. can either be used ? If so what's the dosage thanks

Ivermectin for treating Worms in Chickens

Again being off label there unfortunately is no literature available relating to the exact dosage of Ivermectin for treating endoparasites [worms] within chickens. Only a blanket dosage policy for birds such as parrots or pigeons. However people use that guideline as a bench mark. Fortunately most manufacturers provide a dosage based on the weight of the animal.

Ivermectin Dosage for Chickens

Ivermectin Pour on For Chickens

N.B if using Ivermectin to treat mites, as it is also used ‘off label’ to treat worms, it is suggested that you cease using any other worming medicines alongside of it. Always seek professional advice.

In the UK

Ivermectin is sold on Amazon here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=PHARMAQ+Ivermectin+Drops&ref=nb_sb_noss

The dosage label claim is 1 drop for every 500g the chicken weights. A mature leghorn chicken weighs on average 3.5kg (7.72lb) or 3500g.

So the dosage would be calculated as 3500/500 = 7. Therefore the total drops for an average weight leghorn chicken would be 7. This is an example and should not constitute individual advise for any chicken(s).

In the US & Australia​

The same brand Ivermectin isn’t sold in the US or Australia as it is, in the UK.

The dosage for ‘Noromectin Pour On for Cattle’ made by the brand Norbrook is seen below:

ivermectin dosage for chickens

Back
Top Bottom