worms

Beca

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 20, 2014
I clean out from under our chickens roost every weekend, but I found a lot of worms in there poop this time. Does that mean they have worms & if they do what is the best stuff to give them & how long before we can use the eges. I'm putting up a pic its nasty normally its not all running like this its just plies of poop. Thanks Well I can't figure out how to put pic's on here. So any way the poop is all runny & has a lot of worms in it. Thanks

I use diatomaceous earth. It is great stuff. I buy it off amazon in large 50lb bags and just mix it with every bag of food so they are constantly wormed. You don't need to stop eating eggs when using it...it is totally natural, organic, and healthy for them. No chemicals or bad meds. I love it. oh, make sure to get food grade not pool grade. the pool stuff will kill them.

Are you sure the worms are not maggots?

DE will NOT kill worms inside a chicken. This site has many posts that confirm this.

Do your chickens and yourself a huge favor and get an effective worker to treat your chickens.

Have a poo sample checked by the veterinarian. You need to see what very fresh samples look like, so you're not seeing maggots, as already mentioned. DE won't kill parasites in the birds, no matter what you see on sites like this. There are very few wormers approved for use in chickens here, which is frustrating; I use Ivermectin, not approved but very effective for all but tapeworms. Mary

Back
Top Bottom