Wormy Hen??

Kyfreeman

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 14, 2012
Leipers Fork, TN
16 of my 17 hens are not laying eggs and haven't been for a month. Some are molting so I thought that might be the issue. I also introduced a Roo about 2 mos ago and thought that might the issue. AND I recent move them all into a new much larger coop and run.

All these things made me not think too much about no eggs due to stress. HOWEVER I saw one hen very letharic and her comb was a dull color so I thought it might be worms. I put 2 tsp of Wazine 17 in 2 gallon of water on Monday and fed that to all my hens/Roo.

Yesterday I saw the sickly looking one, poop and there was "live" round worms in her poo. So I have at least one wormy hen. After reading different threads I am totally confused. I don't think I put enough Wazine 17 in the water to be effective. The threads vary but I get that I should have added 2oz per gallon. Is that correct. Can I retreat with the correct dosage today? Then do I need to retreat? If so when 4 dyas or 10 days which is correct?

ALSO. I know the Wazine only rids me of the round worms. Do I also need to treat with Ivermectin? I have some that is cattle injectable that I use as a heartworm prevention on my dogs (1cc per 10lbs) but I do not know the doseage for chickens and I assume I just put it in a syringe and put it down their throats.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom