Worried about my baby chick

Crysta92

Hatching
Feb 24, 2023
My baby chick Has a boil looking thing on her neck above her shoulder she's eating and drinking and still doing things normal..just seeing if I should worry

Attachments

• PXL_20230225_005923756.jpg
    PXL_20230225_005923756.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20230225_005852677.jpg
    PXL_20230225_005852677.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 3
It's hard to tell from the photos if that's an actual bump or just one of the weird bald-looking spots that sometimes show up when feathers start growing in. I remember seeing something very similar on my Lavender Orpingtons last spring. If it is her crop it should be flat in the morning before she eats. Can you get a better picture? How long has it been like this?

It's hard to tell from the photos if that's an actual bump or just one of the weird bald-looking spots that sometimes show up when feathers start growing in. I remember seeing something very similar on my Lavender Orpingtons last spring. If it is her crop it should be flat in the morning before she eats. Can you get a better picture? How long has it been like th

Got them on Wednesday they all was fine nothing wrong and when I got off work earlier I checked on them and now I see this they are black sex links and I checked the other one as well and it's the same way my other two are Americanas and they are perfect

Hi Everyone! You guys are awesome btw. So grateful for everything you do to help. I am brand new at this. I have a 6 day old chick that has the exact thing. A boil on the shoulder! This chick had a sibling that died from a … oh I forget Omni something…A red infection on the butt. This chick seems absolutely fine. Happy and moving about but with a big boil on the back of his neck/ shoulder. Does anyone know what it could be and what I can do?

Back
Top Bottom