Worried about one of my pullets.

Quickster

Songster
6 Years
May 1, 2014
I have one girl who is acting weird. She isn't real active today and stands with her rear rend sort of pointing up. I can't explain it but it isn't a normal stance. Today is also the first day since she began laying that she hasn't layed an egg. She laid 30 days in a row. I know its normal to skip a day now and then but the skipping a day and not acting normal in the same day has me worried. I did check to see if she went in the coop and up on the roost tonight and she did. If she doesn't give me an egg first thing in the morning like she usually does, I'll grab some gloves and check her for a stuck egg (not that I know exactly what I'm doing).

Any other ideas of what could be wrong? The rest of my chickens are fine.

I have one girl who is acting weird. She isn't real active today and stands with her rear rend sort of pointing up. I can't explain it but it isn't a normal stance. Today is also the first day since she began laying that she hasn't layed an egg. She laid 30 days in a row. I know its normal to skip a day now and then but the skipping a day and not acting normal in the same day has me worried. I did check to see if she went in the coop and up on the roost tonight and she did. If she doesn't give me an egg first thing in the morning like she usually does, I'll grab some gloves and check her for a stuck egg (not that I know exactly what I'm doing).

Any other ideas of what could be wrong? The rest of my chickens are fine.

When they get eggbound they usually drop their tails, but it would still be good to check internally (use gloves and a lubricant, olive oil works). What are her other symptoms?

Back
Top Bottom