Worried!!!

sorry to say its the 22nd day and still nothing. its really starting to stink in there too. Im really thinking this hatching is over.

If no more hatch it is probably not because you opened the bator. From what I have read and experienced that will only have an effect on the eggs that have pipped because they dry out to quickly and the chicks get stuck. I imagine it was something else due either to genetics or the incubation process. I have my fingers crossed that you may have some late hatchers
fl.gif
Also, you say the incubator stinks? Do you have rotten eggs in there that may be contaminating it or is it just the normal after hatching smell? If it smells rotten that very well may have something to do with why more of your eggs are not making.

The smell started after eggs hatched so I am assuming that is why. The water is very dirty and greenish. The eggs got kicked around some after the others hatched. I saw one of those eggs moving two days ago and havent seen any action since. I will probably candle them today to see if I see anything.

Last edited:
I would candle and find out which end has the aircell and help them hatch at this point. Perhaps they are to large or got stuck? I don't like to see movement and hear chirping and let the baby die in the shell. You can at least make a little hole so the baby can get oxygen so it has a chance...

OK heres the scoop. I candled them all and they were not alive so I cracked them open at the air sack.

out of the 18 left:

1 piped underneath facing the floor so I did not see it and it died that way
sad.png

1 piped through the air sack but not through the shell
6 were developed (some fully and some almost fully) and never piped
10 did not develope past 8-10 days

Please comment as to why you think this happened and what I can do to improve my next hatch.
One thing that I thought may have been a cause was that I did not let them rest very long when I received them after they were shipped.
What do you guys think?
Also the one that pipped towards the floor got turned around with the rest of them as the chicks were kicking them around before they were removed. This one makes me sad.
Please comment.

Just so you know, this is my second hatch and my first hatch was 60% hatch rate.

Last edited:
Were they shipped eggs? Did your temp and humidity stay pretty steady? What were they? Was it still air or was there a fan? Did you have a turner, or hand turn? There could be a lot of reasons why they didn't hatch. So sorry you didn't have better luck!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom