worst day ever

Discussion in 'Quail' started by SKYLINE, Aug 7, 2011.

1. SKYLINE

SKYLINE New Egg

Aug 6, 2011
    hey everyone i was looking on craigslist like 2 days ago seen an ad for an unwanted white quail half way across town. so i beg my mom to take me payed her like 15bucks for gas an we were on our way. the people wanted to meet up with us so we did we went an got the quail the owner said ''SHE LIKES LOTS OF WATER" so we say ok well take good care of her. so we put her in a huge cage at home. gave her a huge water bowl with the rocks in it just in case she slipped, an we gave her food. the bird didnt eat any food, didnt drank any water. he just sit there so i guess he was scared or nervous. so i left the room for a sec to give it some peace an calm down time. when i went back into the room THE BIRD WAS DEAD:hit. laying in the same spot she was standing i call them immediaty 5 times in a row, no answer. i texted them, no reply. emailed, NO REPLY so im starting to thing they knew this bird was sick thats why they wanted to get rid of it quickly .an thats why they wanted to meet so i wouldnt know where they stayed. it kills me that people or so heart less . i have no idea how it died. firstly in the parking lot when i got him i had top put air holes in the box secondly the drive back wasnt that long the traffic had cleared an he was fine in the box i was watching him the whole time. its sad. with that 10bucks i paid for gas i couldhv walked around the corner an got a few heathly quails for 3 bucks each. guess that's what i get for caring

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    I am very very sorry for your loss. [​IMG] These things do happen sometimes. And yes, people can be heartless, not only in this case to that quail, but to you. Don't beat yourself up for caring, you did what came natural to you and it isn't your fault. You did the right thing by even taking the little girl in.

Again, I am so so sorry you had to go thru this and I hope this didn't dampen your spirits for quail. They are a wonderful bird to keep and I hope someday you find that perfect quail. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  3. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Call on your friends phone or another phone with a different number. And yell at them and tell then I want ALl my money back including gas money or I will say to everyone that you are cruek animal killers. And sorry some people are jerks.

4. SKYLINE

SKYLINE New Egg

Aug 6, 2011
    thanks everyone no it wont make me not want them i still have the same goal. im just gonna use my own breeder source an stay with him

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  5. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    When you call put *67 before the number.

6. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    put it behind ya, its Quail knowledge earned... you just gained a stripe on your Quail yellow belt.

“The only source of knowledge is experience” ..... Albert E.

Welcome to the Quail Qrew.

TD

7. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Yep, consider it one of life's lessons. I'm confident that if you hang around this forum, you'll be directed to a reputable source for gettin' your stock... [​IMG]

8. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    In All Reality There's Way Too Much Unknown Information Here To Form An Opinion Or Base For Action. Reminds Me Of Someone Who's Never Incubated Eggs Complaining About Some That Didnt Hatch- Driven By Unrealistic Expectations And Lack Of Knowledge. I Have No Idea If Or Whats Happened Here, Dont Pretend To Judge Either, Certainly Dont Intend To Offend...merely Bringing Up A Point Everyone Else Has Been Quick To Jump Over. The Only Thing Known For Sure On This Thread Is That A Bird Was Acquired And Passed In A Short Time Frame Thereafter... None Of The Possible Variables Are Listed

9. SKYLINE

SKYLINE New Egg

Aug 6, 2011
    What Else Is There To List Thats What Happen What Else Do U Wanna Know?

10. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    mind if i ask what you payed for the bird?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by