Worst emegency ever

Nikki28

David Bowie is my co-pilot
11 Years
Dec 15, 2008
We had quite a few emergencies today it was really strange. The most heart wrenching happened about ten minutes after I had gotten back from lunch. The techs were all hanging out in the pharmacy area enjoying some quite time before the busy afternoon started. All of a sudden we hear this god awful scream and the receptionist called back for help. Two techs ran up front while I and another prepared for emergency treatment the dog (a border collie) was already dead we tried to find an airway and it became quite obvious that the throat had been crushed. The woman was beside herself and the man that came in with her explained what happened.

He was a handy man who she had hired to do some outside work at her house while he was talking to her his american bulldog jumped out of his truck and attacked her border collie who had been sitting next to her. The dog died almost instantly right in front of the lady. I later found out that she lived alone and her only pet was her dog. The worst part was that the guy seemed annoyed by the whole thing and when she told him she wanted him to pay for the cremation and urn he said "you can take it off of what you owe me" The woman was so distraught it had all happened so fast and she couldn't stop crying and wailing, it broke our hearts.

The worst part was her dog was the same age as mine and mine is always hanging out in the yard with us. It was unnerving. Usually I can put my emotions on the back burner with emergencies and traumas but this had us all shook up. After she left all the techs gave my dog a big hug and kiss. The incident could have happened to any of our pets. All this and right before Christmas.

hit.gif

Ho that is so sad ,lets all pray for the lady that she can move on and find something to fill the sadness in her heart , My God bless her

How horrible for you and that poor woman. That handyman needs a boot in butt...how inconsiderate and rude...every hear of some compassion. And what on earth was his dog doing in his vehicle....obviously not restrained, while he was working?

Some people just infuriate me. How sad...

Also forgot to mention that he said it was so weird because his dog got in fights all the time but had never killed another dog before.

We got her (the woman's) phone number and will give her a call tomorrow to check up on her. She had just put the dogs stocking of toys up too
sad.png

Heartbreaking! I loathe irresponsible owners with a passion. I am glad now that in the Uk because of such incidents and particularly involving childen being attacked and mauled to death, a law was passed whereby dangerous breeds ( his dog would have come under that breed) HAVE to be muzzled when out in public..he would have been hauled off by the police had it happened here.

I feel so much for the dog and her owner........

Quote:
My dog loves to ride in the back of my truck. Hed go everywhere with me if Id let him, but when Im going to someones house that has dogs I snap him in the back so he can jump out. Im pretty sure hed never jump on another dog unprovoked, but as long as he cant get out of my truck I dont have to worry about it.

This is awful, and if that dog attacked like that, the point is it could have been a child.

I can not imagine the shock that poor woman must have been in.

I have a border Collie and I can not imagine how i would feel if that happened to him.

I watch very carefully about people coming to my houe when I have him there just because of his size, and he is boisterous, but he is no way dangerous.

This guy took a dog to someone else's home, who obviously had the potential to do this. He should be reported.

Jena.

Quote:
Hopefully she will once she settles down, He would not give us any of his information not even a first name and she was in no condition for questioning.

Someone really needs to call animal control. When an animal attacks like this they need to be involved to quarantine the dog and file charges against the owner. i realize it's a very emotional time for the poor woman and for you, but someone needs to get his information before he scoots off to avoid the consequences. This dog needs to be evaluated and then put down if found dangerous (which it sounds like it is). And this man needs to pay for any and all damages this woman has suffered, including pain and suffering.

What a terrible thing to happen to this poor woman, and right before Christmas. Is there anything i can do to help? Can i pitch in on the price of a new puppy? Can we all send condolence cards?

Back
Top Bottom