woul 25 broilers fit in a 12x12 pen

Welcome to BYC hope to see you round.
wee.gif

Would they fit, sure. They are going to poop a lot though so be prepared to deal with it. going with a really deep bedding and maybe mixing it daily will help keep it clean.

Agree that they will fit fine. I use a temporary fence to give them more space/freedom and exercise. This may cause some slower growth, but my goal is the best bird I can raise.

From personal experience with trying to put birds in 1sqft per bird ratio.. for meat. your going to hate the smell and mess. Its hard to keep clean. your going for 2 per sqft. I recommend at least 3 sqft per bird if you can. This is personal preference. I have since graduated to a 300 sqft pen for meat birds. I use a dirt floor and it makes cleaning easier. Meat birds in my opinion are nasty little poop factories that taste really really good!

From personal experience with trying to put birds in 1sqft per bird ratio.. for meat. your going to hate the smell and mess. Its hard to keep clean. your going for 2 per sqft. I recommend at least 3 sqft per bird if you can. This is personal preference. I have since graduated to a 300 sqft pen for meat birds. I use a dirt floor and it makes cleaning easier. Meat birds in my opinion are nasty little poop factories that taste really really good!
umm 12x12 is 144 square feet /25 birds is almost 6 sqft per.

Now I know nothing about raising broilers but I do know how to push those silly lil calculator buttons. And be it known I also agree with the more space the better good tastin birds are happy happy happy birds. :)

Back
Top Bottom