Would a fox kill 3 adult turkeys including a large male and take them all away the same day?

Coyote, bobcat or even mountain lion would be critters large and strong enough to haul adult turkeys. First two location does not matter much even if you are urban.
Thanks for the response. I don't have coyote or bobcat in my location we only have wolves, foxes and racoon dogs( Eastern Europe). That's why I was wondering how could a single fox have managed this and hoping it wasn't wolves 😯

Thanks for the response. I don't have coyote or bobcat in my location we only have wolves, foxes and racoon dogs( Eastern Europe). That's why I was wondering how could a single fox have managed this and hoping it wasn't wolves 😯
Do you have golden jackals in your part of Europe? It sounds like you are dealing with some form of canine.

It is my understanding that the golden jackal is occupying a similar ecological niche in Europe as the coyote does in North America. That is to say, they are having a range expansion now that humans have reduced populations of their predator and competitors, the wolves.

Any roaming stray dogs or loose farm dogs in your area?

Do you have golden jackals in your part of Europe? It sounds like you are dealing with some form of canine.

It is my understanding that the golden jackal is occupying a similar ecological niche in Europe as the coyote does in North America. That is to say, they are having a range expansion now that humans have reduced populations of their predator and competitors, the wolves.

Any roaming stray dogs or loose farm dogs in your area?
I actually just had to check and it says yes in the Baltics we have them! I live in a really rural area and definitely we don't have stray dogs...I did find the spot whatever it was entered the fence and unfortunately I didn't see any tracks but a single strand of hair

Attachments

• IMG_20230910_171001.jpg
    IMG_20230910_171001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
I actually just had to check and it says yes in the Baltics we have them! I live in a really rural area and definitely we don't have stray dogs...I did find the spot whatever it was entered the fence and unfortunately I didn't see any tracks but a single strand of hair
I’m sorry to hear that. I did a quick forum search and wasn’t able to find much about golden jackals, a few members here and there in Europe mentioned them as well as others in South Africa mentioning other species of jackal from Africa.

I would expect that similar tactics to keep coyotes at bay would work with the jackals. They are separated by thousands of miles but are essentially the same animal doing the same thing. Hopefully some more members can chime in.

Are you open to trapping, shooting, etc? No judgement on your response (plus I’m not versed in the legality of that across the pond) just throwing out ideas. My first thought would be to ask more questions about the type of fence you have, but that may be a moot point if they can dig under it easily.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom