Would a Hawk do this?

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
Would a red tail hawk fly off with a chicken that lives in place populated with humans? lol im having a weird wording day i know
tongue.png

i see hawks flyin over low all the time but they always just pass....never stop to check out the hens or nothin.... my area has lots of trees and i am surounded by neibores and live on likt not even 1/2 an acre so i was just wondin if hawks are really soemthin to be so worried about for me

I live in the most densely populated wooded area in the US (BG&E said this). I was in my garden turning compost and a hawk came down and almost picked off one of my ~10 week old chicks. I think the only reason I am not short a chick is because there was not enough room for it to swoop down because of the fence and tomato cages. I was only 15 feet away. So, yes, be aware of hawks.

Quote:
Yes----one of my sisters had a Yorkie pup and a Red Tailed Hawk would have carried out of her back yard if she wasn't outside in her backyard with the pup. The hawk actually landed on the edge of the above ground pool and stared at the pup and my sister while they were on the patio. My sister's yard isn't that large at all.

I've personally watched as these hawks have taken American Robins and pigeons just a few feet from me and my youngest daughter while waiting for the city bus at rush hour in Clarksville, Indiana.

A hungry hawk will swoop down with you standing next to the chicken...they are always a worry unless you have a good dog, top run cover or dense cover and hiding places for the birds.

It is best to protect them from flyers.

Last edited:
ok thanks everyone
smile.png
i got CDs hangin up but ill still keep my guard up
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom