Would anyone be interested in buying incubator dividers?

ccmarie

Songster
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
Yuma, Arizona
Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but I've had a lot of people comment on how they like mine, and I'd be willing to make more if people would by them. They keep the eggs separate so that you can tell which chick came from which egg. The chicks have to be marked or moved in a few hours, when they get the strength to climb over or under. They fit nine eggs, plus you can add more around the edges. Mine is a little bigger, but I would probably make others at about 10 inches per side, so they're square and easier to ship. I was thinking $10, including shipping.

id deff be interested! i'd have to talk it over with my husband! although he wants to try and hatch 18 eggs this time..it'd be nice to have one that held 18 but they would prob have to be little squares and i know they need lots of room for pushing..hmmm

Last edited:
Even at this size I had a little bit of trouble fitting the lid back on the incubator-- another reason I think I'd make them a little smaller from now on. But I don't think 18 would work unless you had a really really big incubator.

I did ten by putting the extra one on the outside. I bet you could get at least eleven, maybe thirteen, by putting them on opposite sides of the divider. It probably would take them as long to travel around the corner as it does the inside ones to wiggle under or hop over.

is it glued together? Isn't the stuff that needle work plastic from the craftstore?

It's a good idea.

Yeah, it's plastic canvas. I had mine around from craft projects, but you can get it at Walmart. I stitched mine together with thread, because that's what I know how to do, but hot glue would probably work too.

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but I've had a lot of people comment on how they like mine, and I'd be willing to make more if people would by them. They keep the eggs separate so that you can tell which chick came from which egg. The chicks have to be marked or moved in a few hours, when they get the strength to climb over or under. They fit nine eggs, plus you can add more around the edges. Mine is a little bigger, but I would probably make others at about 10 inches per side, so they're square and easier to ship. I was thinking $10, including shipping.

Back
Top Bottom