Would buff Orphingtons chicks have dark streaks? Did i

MIgardengal

Songster
Apr 4, 2020
Way UP north MI
I got a few chicks from the local tractor supply. Which gets their chicks from Townline hatchery.

I wanted buff Orphingtons. At tractor supply the day I went they had a pen with “Buff Orphington and Silver Laced Wyandotte Pullets”. The employee grabbed 4 chicks, put them in a closed box, and I didn’t look at them until I got home.

I have a adult buff orphington, and when she was a chick she was solid gold.

Including a pic. of two of the chicks I got, one is solid gold (BO) but the other is gold with more and more streaks of dark showing on her feathers. I have a feeling this wouldn’t be a BO trait? 😬

Attachments

• 4A956656-9D5C-4E30-8B5F-4C4A866144F7.jpeg
    4A956656-9D5C-4E30-8B5F-4C4A866144F7.jpeg
    389.3 KB · Views: 20
What is she? Any ideas. Obviously would need to come from Townline stock.

I hope she isn’t a rooster or a broiler. 😬

This will be the 2nd time in the last year, that chicks I bought weren’t the breed they were supposed to be!!! So frustrating!!! And from two different places a feed mill and now tractor supply.

That chick doesn’t look like a buff Orpington, though I could be wrong. As for what breed it is if not a BO, you’ll have to wait until it’s older.

Last edited:
Sometimes they might but when they feather out it will go away. I have had different breeds with the chipmunk marking. Good luck and have fun...

I was looking through the list of yellow chicks Townline hatchery sells. They don’t have a lot of options.

I saw Buff Orphington, Amberlink, Leghorn, Cornish Broiler, New Hampshire.

Back
Top Bottom