1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Would it be bad to feed my Chickens Racoon?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Chickenhuntin, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Chickenhuntin

Chickenhuntin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2010
    Walworth county, WI
    I am thinking of trapping some coons in a live trap. Drown them in a lake. Then boil my baby girls some super protien morbid dinner. Anyone seen the book of ELI? What will that coon think when My girls are like "OOOOH you look like you been eatin well, SOme good MArbleing going on." "Don't Mind the shakes. We haven't eatin' in awhile. Say are you hungry? Why don't you step inside your own little dinning room while we fix up some egg sandwiches...." *door slams shut*

2. SteveP

SteveP Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2010
    Saint Joseph MO
    Well at least you have the story line well thought out!!! I see o issue but I would makke sure you gut it and skin it first or you are going to have parasite issues as coons carry LOTS of bugs in their belly.

Steve

3. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I've heard of people cooking and eating raccoons in the past, supposidely it tastes like squirrel. I'm sure throwing the good parts in the oven for a certain amount of time would kill most of the parasites.

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    not trying tom discourage you but watch the next time a coon gets hit on the sider of the road nothing eats then here they dry up now a rabbit gets hit and it is gone at dark the next morning it is gone but a coon drys up and blows away before anything touches it a chicken might eat it my quail are fond of spiders and flies

5. Mark & Nique

Mark & Nique Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Disgusting.

6. gjfarm

gjfarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    Montana
    Luv your sense of humor...just like mine. Lost a OEG Rooster a few days ago to a coon. Caught him the next night and he is now in training with lion dogs. And obviously I am still in a bad mood.[​IMG]

7. Plucky Pullet

Plucky Pullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2010
    I think that is a morbidly funny twist of fate for the Coon you catch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by