Would like input in my new website

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by iajewel, May 17, 2010.

1. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
  2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    That looks really good! You have put a lot into it--it's nice and content-rich. Your FAQ page images aren't loading for me, but everything else seems to be working fine. Nice work. [​IMG]

3. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    humm the FAQ page images are the same as on the other pages.. so thats odd.. I will look into that.. thank you.. thats the sort of glitch I need to know about.
    Thank you for the kind words too.. makes me feel like the time was well spent.

4. colowyo0809

colowyo0809 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    I love it! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I think that your very informative and yet somewhat humorous at the same time! I want to be just like you when I grow up (except my partner is gay [​IMG] ) I think what you are doing, with your situation and with your website, is fantastic. Keep it up!
    Matthew Ryan

5. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    I viewed everything...it looks lovely and very informative....really down to earth and inviting!!! Makes me want to come visit. Just fyi the only thing I noticed that you might want to check was just a few typos maybe just run a spell check on it. That is the only thing I found that I would change or check. Love the pics and the info....you did a really good job!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Do you want honest feedback?

I think if you really want to promote your poultry you should have pictures of them. You know the saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Another thing is the spelling errors. You should, at least, have the spelling of the breeds correct. There is no such thing as a "pure bred Americana." You say, "We breed only for egg production, breed standard and show ability," yet you have no pictures of any showbirds or show results, or egg color, and don't even spell the breed correctly (many times). If a person shows a bird, I would think they could spell the name of the breed correctly.

You say, "I will on rare occasion toss an Americana hen in with one of our show quality Rhode Island Reds to create a nice Olive egg layer." That cross doesn't even make an Olive Egger.

You say, about your Silkies, "They are basically pets and there for fox food." ?????

You say, "I stopped showing in 2006 when the treat of NAIS offered to force me ........." If you have ever shown birds, you should post pictures and results of that, I would say.

I would not buy from this website, as I am unable to see anything in it that I would trust.

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  8. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    Very good but pics please i LOVE pictures. Where your giving the description on the birds pics would be great.

9. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    I just took a quick look. 1st impression was there were a few spelling errors which seems unprofessional to me. Title page the word "variaty". Orpington page, in bold Orpington is missing the "g". When I see errors like this on a website I leave quickly.

10. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:Me too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by