Would like input on a coop & run/corral design

Thanks. Still have a lot to do with the enclosed run and open fenced in area. Just need the weather to cooperate for the outside stuff.

Love that I can walk in this and not hit my head on everything. My current coop is 6ft at the highest point and angles down to like 4 feet. I'm 6'5" tall.
Just my thoughts, that beam going across in the middle needs to be inaccessible or it will turn into a roosting bar, unless you are ok with than, at that point they can get out of the enclosure.

Just my thoughts, that beam going across in the middle needs to be inaccessible or it will turn into a roosting bar, unless you are ok with than, at that point they can get out of the enclosure.
Not sure what beam you are talking about? You saying the roof truss? Cause if so there's a fencing that covers the roof and attaches to the bottom of the roof trusses. So they can't get up there to escape or roost.

Well it's been a few months since I have completed the coop, enclosed run, and outdoor corral. This weekend I was being ambitious as we wanted to give our chickens a little area in the corral to give some shade from the sun and an aerial attacks from any sky predators. (Tho this hasn't been an issue here)

So a couple 5 gallon buckets filled with concrete and repurposing some 4x4s and 2x4s and an old canopy top.

It's plenty big at around 8 foot x 8 foot. I have an eye bolt on the one side so I can drive my tractor to the one side with the forks on and attach a ratchet strap to the eye bolt to my tractor and move it around when I need to mow.

I have another old canopy top so I might make another one of these in the spring. But this will work for the the rest of this year before they get contained to the coop and enclosed run for winter.
PXL_20220828_205719882.jpg
PXL_20220828_204455230.jpg
PXL_20220828_205656036.jpg
PXL_20220828_205710638.jpg

Back
Top Bottom