Would like to get some Lamancha goats, but i work during the day?

Jurassic Chica

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2020
My husband and i are planning on getting 2 lamancha goats pretty soon but we are new to goats. I wanted to know if it would be alright if the goats were unattended during the day because i work. For now my husband is on leave so he can stay and care for them when i work 3 days a weeks. However, if he needed to leave for whatever reason, would they be ok in a sturdy fenced in pen outside or do they have to be locked up in thier barn? And any other advice would be great too!

It depends on if you have predators where you live. Our goats live in a pen with 5' tall fences that are trenched. We are home most of the time, and they get locked up at night. A dog would help!

My husband and i are planning on getting 2 lamancha goats pretty soon but we are new to goats. I wanted to know if it would be alright if the goats were unattended during the day because i work. For now my husband is on leave so he can stay and care for them when i work 3 days a weeks. However, if he needed to leave for whatever reason, would they be ok in a sturdy fenced in pen outside or do they have to be locked up in thier barn? And any other advice would be great too!
Sort of not on topic, but there exist mini la mancha goats, just in case you didn't know. I just saw some for sale and read up about them. Since you didn't buy your goats yet.

Back
Top Bottom