Would love ideas/thoughts on my in progress shed coop!

View attachment 3629357View attachment 3629358
What do you think of this ramp? I had one of my hens try it out and she had no issues using the stairs. My dad built this while I was at work and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I think the ladder part should move closer to the window and cut those bars in the middle of the floor back. I think a chicken could probably hurt themselves jumping down from the roosts. Could repurpose the higher bar for in front of the nesting boxes.
I like your idea because then clean up will be easier, but they probably would use those bars. Maybe you can move the ladder towards the window and make it so that the bars could be removable for cleaning, or if you see a bird get injured.

What do you think of this ramp?
Might be a bit complicated and clutters up the keepers access to the floor.

I have a similar setup and this it how I did ramps and roosts:

full

full

Might see it better here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/aarts-coop-page.65912/

BF2A7377-67F0-4D96-BA83-A12D8A7E194E.jpeg

Gave it a paint. I think I’m going to keep it the way it is for now.

We started the run for the ICU chickens. They have their own door and run area.
There will be a connecting door to the other run so when I don’t have an Ill chicken or anyone who needs to be separated it will all be wide open to everyone.
The roof was actually an entire run that we got for free from someone up the street. We had to disassemble it because it was built to fit their yard. But the roof worked really well. We only had to shorten it by 3inches.

The roof is also metal which I’m really happy about. The plastic roof on my run in the back would often come undone by strong winds and break pretty easy.
A683414C-862F-4BCB-9B7C-29BABC07635E.jpeg

39E39A38-E8FD-4D19-B1C2-25452F2496F7.jpeg

the run I have in the back is the run I’ve been using for a while so this is a serious upgrade!! Looking forward to not having to hunch over so much. Haha

View attachment 3633290
Gave it a paint. I think I’m going to keep it the way it is for now.

We started the run for the ICU chickens. They have their own door and run area.
There will be a connecting door to the other run so when I don’t have an Ill chicken or anyone who needs to be separated it will all be wide open to everyone.
The roof was actually an entire run that we got for free from someone up the street. We had to disassemble it because it was built to fit their yard. But the roof worked really well. We only had to shorten it by 3inches.

The roof is also metal which I’m really happy about. The plastic roof on my run in the back would often come undone by strong winds and break pretty easy.
View attachment 3633293
View attachment 3633295
the run I have in the back is the run I’ve been using for a while so this is a serious upgrade!! Looking forward to not having to hunch over so much. Haha
The first run I built was 6’ tall. I’m 6’2” so I can relate to the hunching!

Back
Top Bottom