Would roll-away nest boxes prevent broodiness?

Naisha

Raptor whisperer
Oct 30, 2021
Spain
Hi! I’ve bought theee roll-away laying boxes because there’s one hen that pecks on eggs when I’m late taking the eggs and she got bored. My question is, if the eggs roll away when they lay them, would that prevent hens from being broody? Also those nests don’t use hay so they don’t look so comfortable. Does that matter to them? What’s your opinion on that kind of laying boxes? I’ll post a picture of the product

Attachments

• C253B1CD-55E2-4A81-A1A7-AA53177C5DEE.jpeg
    C253B1CD-55E2-4A81-A1A7-AA53177C5DEE.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 32
Hi! I’ve bought theee roll-away laying boxes because there’s one hen that pecks on eggs when I’m late taking the eggs and she got bored. My question is, if the eggs roll away when they lay them, would that prevent hens from being broody? Also those nests don’t use hay so they don’t look so comfortable. Does that matter to them? What’s your opinion on that kind of laying boxes? I’ll post a picture of the product
Mine go broody on air often, no eggs at all. I would say no.

Daamn I had a bit of hope haha! I’ll keep trying to break them T_T but eh at least the problem of pecking eggs will be solved

Also those nests don’t use hay so they don’t look so comfortable. Does that matter to them?
Anything new they aren't going to like.
Might want to add their regular bedding to the new nests until they get used to using them, (and remove or block the old nests)
then you can slowly remove the bedding to take advantage of the roll away function.

Anything new they aren't going to like.
Might want to add their regular bedding to the new nests until they get used to using them, (and remove or block the old nests)
then you can slowly remove the bedding to take advantage of the roll away function.
That’s a very good advice! Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom