1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Would Someone Call Jack Frost?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MissPrissy, Oct 7, 2007.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Obviously he has over slept this year! It is October 7th for crying out loud. My a/c is running. The fans are on in the coop. This is the temperature in the hen house when I went out to check on the ladies just a bit ago.

[​IMG]

That is insane!

I live in Central Virginia, not South Georgia!

What is the temperature today where you?

2. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    In Florida, more central northern, but its like in the high 80's. Maybe a little warmer after the rain showers we have been having.

3. dixieland

dixieland Blue Eggs by the Bushel

Oct 7, 2007
    Carthage, TN
    I'm right there with you!! I think I could have purchased a small island nation for what I've paid in electric bills this season!!

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Well, maybe he's spending time up here with uncle rain too. For the last week or two it's been highs in the 50's and lows in the 40's. And the momma hen is running around in the rain with the 4 day old chick. Why do we use heat lamps 24/7?

5. Itsme

Itsme Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    NW Wisconsin
    80 here in Wisconsin!! And its been raining practically every day....Mushrooms everywhere. We did have a hard frost a few weeks back though. The fall colors have been gorgeous.
    Wish we would have had this rain during the summer when it could have done some good [​IMG]

6. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Mid to high 80's here at least the humidity isn't at 98% today like it was yesterday.

I'm right there with you. My a/c has been on since early march!!!

jackie

7. TundraChick

TundraChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2007
    West Viriginia
    91 in northern WV and it was 102 in the coop [​IMG] A/c's on and the fans in the coop. No rain for 22 days now...

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

92 today here in SE Indiana....MISERABLE!! They just said on the news.....tomorrow, same thing. WHERE THE HECK IS JACK FROST!??? We need rain and cooler weather....or snow! LOL Tooo darned hot for this time of the year.

9. Ma

Ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Camanche, Iowa
    Eastern Iowa here..........90 freakin' degrees, October 7. This is like the 7th day in a row of record breaking heat. [​IMG]

Girls are panting like crazy. Even tho they are in their shaded run, they must come in at dusk and then I have to shut everything up, all windows etc. That's when its hardest on them I think. Fans are goin' strong, all night.

Our lows have been ABOVE what our "normal " highs are suppose to be. Can you say global warming...............oh dear, that's probably not allowed..lol![​IMG]

I hope we (who are the complainers) do not regret this![​IMG]

10. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    61 degrees here in NH [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by