1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Would the moderators read this and give me your opinions please?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by rebecca10782, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    I know that you have been reminding people lately not to post things that instigate and offend people. Political and religious subjects should not be posted. In my opinion, animal rights would fall under politics. I understand that there is a section specifically for meat birds, that's fine, I bypass that. I bypass any posts that talk about killing animals. Though, I am getting incredibly sick of people intentionally insulting others on this subject. My understanding is that insulting people is not allowed, but I see it everywhere. Anytime someone asks for advice about an aggressive animal, people respond with the most disgusting pictures and comments. If these people were willing to kill the animal, they would not be asking for advice on how to fix the problem. Isn't there anyway we can keep the subject of slaughtering animals in the meat birds section? I have a sense of humor, I understand a lot of people make jokes about making the birds into stew. This is not what I am talking about. These people just love to throw the subject in people's faces and antagonise them. Or they will respond to posts about taking a more peaceful approach to wild animals by insulting the person's opinion. I really love coming onto this site and laughing and sharing stories, I just wish that these rules were enforced more. I know there are a few people out there that agree with me.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Just report it and we will take a look and take action as needed.
    Thanks! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by