Would you call this red or brown?

Aug 1, 2020
Arkansas
I got 3 sexed pullets from TSC on the 12th. 2 have grown at the same rate and 1 is half the size of the other 2. I know TSC is notorious for getting things wrong. They were listed as Americana so I assume they are EE. On this one the coloring is coming in more splotchy and I can’t tell if this would be brown or red. At 3ish weeks old is there any chance this is actually a pullet or is the coloring a giveaway that she is actually a he? I realize that it is way too early to tell so I will take it all with a grain of salt. Just trying to figure out what to even call this color.

Attachments

• IMG_1299.jpeg
    IMG_1299.jpeg
    458.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1293.jpeg
    IMG_1293.jpeg
    557.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1306.jpeg
    IMG_1306.jpeg
    505.1 KB · Views: 20
were yours pullets?

ETA my 7 year old is sad and said she needed to pick a new favorite chicken bc she thought this one would be all white not brown 🤦🏽‍♀️
Can't help you with your kid, that can't be helped that ees rarely come in pure white, EEs have to be accepted as the genetic roulette they are
Real Ameracauna can be pure white though.
They appear to be pullets so far, their only a few weeks older.

Can't help you with your kid, that can't be helped that ees rarely come in pure white, EEs have to be accepted as the genetic roulette they are
Real Ameracauna can be pure white though.
They appear to be pullets so far, their only a few weeks older.
We already have 2 white leghorns (that are turning 3 years this summer), I’m not worried about it, it was just a funny thing she said.

Back
Top Bottom